We are looking for an enthusiastic new member of our team.
Wave is a small design co-operative with strong ethical values based in Hastings, working in both print and digital media. We are looking for a new business and marketing specialist to join our team. We work with a broad spectrum of clients including charities, public sector and education-based organisations, co-operatives, social enterprises and ethical businesses who strive to make the world a better place.
Our New Business Manager will have a passion for and a good understanding of all kinds of graphic design, will believe in our clients’ aims and share our co-operative values.
This key role needs excellent communication and people skills together with an ability to devise and carry out a creative marketing strategy.
You will be based in our Hastings studio but there will be a need to get out and about – meeting clients, attending events in London and nationwide and generally building relationships with positive and inspirational people.
Wave is a workers’ co-operative so, after a successful probationary period, there will be an opportunity to become a company director and actively contribute to the running and development of the business.
As the marketing manager for Wave, you will primarily be developing and implementing marketing and new business campaigns, maintaining good client relations and generating new business. You will also need to be flexible and contribute to other duties across the business as required. After a probation period, you will be offered full membership of the co-operative and become an equal director of the business.
Skills, experience, responsibilities and duties
- A broad understanding and enthusiasm for graphic design particularly for print and web
- A good understanding and knowledge of the not-for-profit sector, social enterprises, ethical and co-operative businesses
- A strong understanding of contemporary marketing practice particularly within the creative industries
- Proven track record and/or experience of running successful marketing campaigns
- Able to develop and conduct market research, identify new business opportunities, analyse results and develop a sound marketing strategy in consultation with the co-operative
- Experience and working knowledge of database management and ability to source and develop relevant new business leads
- Willingness to contribute to, help coordinate, develop and implement a service offer for the business
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written – you will need to successfully liaise with potential clients, current clients and internally with the whole team
- Strong copywriting and proof-reading skills
- Experience of writing for and updating WordPress CMS
- A working knowledge of MailChimp
- Ability to maintain multiple social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, YouTube/Vimeo)
- Confident speaker, negotiator and communicator especially when developing new business contacts
- Good presentation skills, including attending client pitches, conferences, conventions etc
- Some knowledge of current Graphic design software and the main production methods within our industry• An ability to update your skills quickly, learn new processes and contribute to innovation within the business
- Genuine interest in and enthusiasm for co-operative working
- Confident attending and contributing to co-operative management meetings
- Self-motivated and confident
- Helpful team member
- Ambitious but fair
- Hard-working and responsible
- Enthusiastic and creative
- Focused and determined
- Displays some business acumen and drive
- Hours: 35 hours a week
- Holiday: 33 days annual leave including Bank Holidays
- Salary: £22,750 pa
How to apply
Please apply via email, outlining your key skills, how you would approach this role and why you think you are a good fit for our co-operative. Please include your CV, any other supporting information or links to online content.
Send your email to: pooc.1516371651evaw@1516371651krow1516371651 with a subject heading of Work for Wave.
Closing date: Monday 15th January
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 22 January
Please, no approaches from recruitment agencies.